Friday 26 February 2010

A Nasty Accident

A nasty accident took place on Monday involving my leg and boiling water. I now have a golf ball sized scald on my left thigh that is really rather nasty. It is very sore, and I am having to visit the doctor a couple of times a week to have my dressing changed.

This is the worst thing I have ever done! When I was 12 I cut a small portion of my thumb off, but this is far worse. When I was 13 I tore the ligaments in my leg and was on crutches for a few weeks, but this is far worse. When I was 15 I (possibly, although it was never confirmed) broke 2 of my fingers whilst playing netball, but this is far worse.

So, just to clarify, this is really bad and I'm not at all happy about it.

Whilst I am sitting on my backside resting my leg, I am going to try and get stuck in to The Time Travellers Wife. I have finally finished reading The Lovely Bones, and TTTW is going to be my next read.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what is going on with me. I'm feeling very sorry for myself so please feel free to give me as much sympathy as you like.

:o(

6 comments:

  1. I was going to post about this Jo. I feel really bad for you. I feel responsible for bringing the damn bottle into the house. I am so sorry.
    I will wait on you hand and foot,and shower you will love and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That happened to my sister...she and my mom bumped into each other while my mom was holding a pot of boiling water and it dumped all down the front of both her legs. She sat in the tub filled with ice cold water to cool her legs off until they could get her to a doctor and then the blisters were so bad the doctor had to peel them away in order to treat her. YUCK! I can definitely sympathize with you because I know what my sister went through! Get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awful Camille! Did it take long for the burns to heal? Did the burns scar badly?

    I'm off to the docs again today. I really hope it's started to heal a bit now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do wish you a speedy recovery, I feel so bad for you, that sounds so painful, I sent a message with your mom, but I do want to say to you I hope you heal quickly so you can look forward to spring. I will give you lots of sympathy, does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, that does help a lot :) I've been back to the doctors and they seem to be happy that it is healing well, so this makes me happy. I'm feeling less sorry for myself now.

    Thank you for sympathising with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister had to keep your burns dressed and covered in some kind of ointment for a couple weeks but there wasn't any scarring. I'm glad to hear you are healing nicely!

    ReplyDelete