Saturday 12 June 2010

The Cutest Thing

My sister and I were on our way home from work yesterday when we saw the cutest thing. We were stuck in traffic (a regular occurrence in England) and noticed that cars were swerving in the road. I was expecting to find that people were swerving around road kill (also a regular occurrence), but as we got closer we saw this:

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to take a photo, but what I saw looked very much like this. Mummy duck and her fluffy ducklings were strolling along the gutter by the side of the road, blissfully unaware of the chaos they were causing. I counted 7 duckings, but there may have been more. I'm so disappointed that I didn't get a picture.

It was such a lovely sight, and it made my day!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE! I love baby ducklings! Well, I pretty much love all babies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made my day too Jo when I you called me, and I answered and got "Oh they are so cute" yelled at me. Now I know I am pretty cute, but can I compete with momma duck and her kiddles?
    I dont think so.

    Good that the motorists were prepared to slow down to pass them. Restores your faith doesn't it.

    It is a pity you missed getting a picture.

    ReplyDelete