Thursday 11 March 2010

Visit From A Friend

On Tuesday our friend Clayton came to visit with us all the way from Glendale, Utah. We first met him when he was serving a mission in England in 1988. In 1990 my family and I went to stay with Clayton's family, but we haven't seen him since. It was so much fun to see him again after all these years.

Sadly we didn't have a lot of time with him, but we gave him a tour of our neck of the woods. Here are some of things we got up to:

Laura and I at Stockwood Park Classic Car Museum

Clayton and I inside The Priory Church of St Peter. It was at this church in 1533 that the marriage between King Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon was annulled.

The Old Hunters Lodge. A 15th century house, now a country pub/restaurant.

Clayton and I outside The Priory Church of St Peter.

View from the Dunstable Downs.

It was so much fun to have Clayton stay with us. I just hope it isn't another 20 years before we see him again.



1 comment:

  1. I hope so too Jo. Cos I will likely be dead by then.

    ReplyDelete