Wednesday 17 March 2010

Fast Food

When did fast food stop being fast? I just had the misfortune to go to a well known burger chain, and I was asked to go and wait in the lay-by because my food wasn't ready. The mere fact that this restaurant (I use that term loosely) even has waiting bays suggests they know they are not able to supply fast food. I have, on occasion, been asked to park up in one of the disabled parking spaces to wait for my food. Given that there are 3 waiting bays this means that I am, at best, 4th in the queue!

So, as I sit here nursing my chronic burger induced heartburn, I have to wonder why on earth I bother. The convenience has been removed from convenience food, and all I am left with is indigestion and a much lighter bank balance!

No more burgers for me thanks.


3 comments:

  1. McDonalds dont care Jo.
    And let us not forget that YOU asked for take out, and YOU didnt pay for it.
    But I am sorry for your indigestion...
    Next time stick with the fish....
    BK come back all is forgiven.
    (or better still Wendys....Arbys...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...you went to McDonald's? Oh Jo! It's no wonder you had heartburn and slow service. I refuse to eat there...ever. :) I don't eat fast food much but if I do it's always Wendy's.

    Hopefully your heartburn didn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true! I can't deny it! Sometimes my craving for junk food gets the better of me, and it normally ends in heartburn. I wish we had a Wendy's over here. We used to have one in London, but they closed it down.

    That's just great! Now I'm craving Wendy's, and there is nothing I can do about it! :)

    ReplyDelete