Tuesday 3 November 2009

My Awesome Night!



Last night I went to see Green Day in concert. My sister is a HUGE fan and was really excited about it. I'm not as big a fan as she is, but I really like them and was looking forward to it too. However, neither of us could have realised just how great the evening was going to be.

The concert was at Wembley Arena, which is a venue I really like. We opted for standing tickets, I much prefer to stand than sit at concerts. We had barely been in the arena 2 minutes when some guy walked up to us. I am a naturally suspicious person and always assume that when people approach you they are after something. Well this guy (Ryan) was actually just being nice. He asked us if we would like to go and sit where they were filming the show, so we followed him up on to a fenced off platform where they controlled all the visual, sound and lighting effects. We were given a leather couch to sit on, offered free drinks, and had the most amazing view of the stage. We couldn't believe our luck!

Ryan introduced us to all the crew, who were really nice and friendly. Part way through the evening one of the crew gave us each a drum stick which had been used by Green Day's drummer Tre Cool. He must be a fairly heavy handed drummer because these sticks have had the life beaten out of them.

Just when we thought our evening couldn't get much better it did. I noticed 2 guys come and stand next to me, leaning on the leather couch. I glanced at them but didn't really pay too much attention. About 10-15 mins later Laura said to me "the bloke behind you really looks like Jon Bon Jovi". I casually glanced to the side of me and turned back to Laura and said "that bloke IS Jon Bon Jovi, and Richie Sambora too"!!! To be honest I'm not a Bon Jovi fan. They've done a few tracks I like, but they've never really grabbed me. Despite this I was totally overwhelmed! It was so unexpected!

Sadly I didn't take any pictures. Laura took a couple so I'll put some of those on here soon.

It was an amazing night and we have a complete stranger to thank for it. Thanks Ryan!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ryan indeed. What a star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed an AWESOME night!!! I'm still buzzing! I can't believe it's all over and done with now! I shall just have to play '21st Century Breakdown' again and again and again.......!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete